Click on the images and you will find…
This will directly send you to PurpleMash.
Super videos, articles, games and quizzes suitable for children from Foundation to Year 6 and beyond!
Something different… can you try and break a world record? Lots of fun activities to do and information to read and enjoy.
The Oak National Academy is a government-backed online learning platform… videos… lessons… either find an area of a subject that you want to improve on or work through a series of lessons.
Fun interactive games to help children work on improving their phonic skills.
Lots of phonic activities that the children will be using to enjoy in class.
Every day Pobble shares a thought provoking picture with activities for you to complete. Can you find the picture for today?
Art, art and more art! Play free games and quizzes, find art activities, explore homework help and share your art with Tate Kids.
Many resources to help with homework projects across a range of subjects.
A variety of people reading many exciting stories!
A list of recommended books for each year group.
End of Year Expectations - Year 2
All the following objectives will be worked on throughout the year and form the focus of direct teaching. The spoken language continues to be a strong thread running through our entire curriculum. Any extra support you can provide in helping your children to achieve these objectives is greatly valued. From reading 5 times a week to discussing a film that you have watched together – it all helps!
If you have any queries regarding this information or want support in knowing how best to help your child, please talk to your child’s teacher.
- Secure with year group phonic expectations.
- Recognise simple recurring literary language.
- Read ahead to help with fluency and expression.
- Comment on plot, setting & characters in familiar & unfamiliar stories.
- Recount main themes and events.
- Comment on structure of the text.
- Use commas, question marks and exclamation marks to vary expression.
- Read aloud with expression and intonation.
- commas in lists
- apostrophe of omission and possession (singular noun)
- Identify past/present tense and why the writer has used a tense.
- Use content and index to locate information.
- Write different kinds of sentence: statement, question, exclamation, command.
- Use expanded noun phrases to add description and specification.
- Write using subordination (when, if, that, because) and co-ordination (or, and, but).
- Correct and consistent use of present tense & past tense.
- Correct use of verb tenses.
- Write with correct and consistent use of:
- capital letters
- full stops
- question marks
- exclamation marks
- Use commas in a list.
- Use apostrophe to mark omission and singular possession in nouns.
- Write under headings.
- Write lower case letters correct size relative to one another.
- Show evidence of diagonal and horizontal strokes to join handwriting.
- Compare and order numbers up to 100 and use < > =.
- Read and write all numbers to 100 in digits & words.
- Say 10 more/less than any number to 100.
- Count in steps of 2, 3 & 5 from zero and in 10s from any number (forwards and backwards).
- Recall and use multiplication & division facts for 2, 5 & 10 tables.
- Recall and use +/- facts to 20.
- Derive and use related facts to 100.
- Recognise place value of any 2-digit number.
- Add & subtract:
- 2-digit nos & ones
- 2-digit nos & tens
- Two 2-digit nos
- Three 1-digit nos
- Recognise and use inverse (+/-).
- Calculate and write multiplication & division calculations using multiplication tables.
- Recognise, find, name and write 1/3; 1/4; 2/4; 3/4.
- Write and recognise equivalence of simple fractions.
- Tell time to five minutes, including quarter past/to.